Welcome to squidGuard
SquidGuard is a URL redirector used to use blacklists with the
proxysoftware Squid. There
are two big advantages to squidguard: it is fast and it is free.
SquidGuard is published
under GNU Public License.
Current version: 1.3
Some more details about features and bug fixes can be found
on the 1.3 feature page.
- Included configurable logging.
- Progress bar when compiling blacklists.
- Full sed compliance for rewrite statements.
- Blocking of urls with hostnames.
Available patches for version 1.3:
Fixes a problem with the progress bar creating too much output when
run in an cronjob or similar.
See the Readme file
for details about applying the patch.
Planned for version 1.4:
- Authentication against mysql database.
- Configurable default behaviour.
- Further enhancements and bug fixes.
Please find all information about installing and configuring
squidGuard in the Documentation section.
For tips, hints and questions the squidGuard mailinglist is
available. This mailinglist is moderated.
If you want to subscribe to the squidGuard list please